Ordering stairparts can be a very confusing process (sometimes even for experienced staircase builders!) We take any and all questions very seriously... From the question of "What is a staircase?", to, "How do you lay out a compound curve staircase?".
Contact us if you need assistance determining all of the stairparts required for your staircase project. The following are examples of questions you may have:
*What type of handrail is needed for a particular baulster? *What fitting is used with which newel? *Can I use Over-The-Post system mixed with Post-To-Post system? *What are staircase codes, and how may I find them?
** HELPFUL HINTS **
1. Take photos at a minimum 640 x 480 resolution and email them to the Old Staircase Man.
2. Email us a photo/scan of your staircase from your house plans.
3. Be sure to send us the Job Name of your staircase (FOR MULTIPLE ORDERS)
4. Advise your Staircase Builder of our contact information, for any questions they may have regarding your staircase construction or stairparts.
5. When calling regarding your stairparts order, have notes and any relevant information available regarding your already made selections, such as wood species, collection series, etc.
6. Take a few minutes to familiarize your self with some common staircase terms, to make the conversation flow easier. (stair parts terms glossary)
7. Be sure to include a convenient time in your email for the Old Staircase Man to contact you.